The procurement of goods and services by the department aligns to the Victorian Government Purchasing Board (VGPB) (External link) policies and directives established under the Financial Management Act 1994.
In October 2014, the VGPB introduced the statewide procurement reform which supports a strategic and efficient approach to procurement that better enables us to deliver value for money when delivering goods and services to Victorians.
To support this initiative the department will deliver an effective and efficient system of procurement that:
- is responsive to the Victorian public’s needs
- interacts professionally with the market
- offers value for money outcomes
- acts with integrity
- is seen by the public as fair, transparent and equitable
- will deliver cost savings to the department and taxpayers.
The department's general conditions for the provision of services and goods are also available.
Submitting a tender offer
Suppliers interested in participating in any of the public procurement activities should visit the Tenders Vic website (External link) and register as a user for the Victorian Government Tenders System to set up email notifications for tender opportunities.
Registered users can view tender information and download relevant documentations, register for briefings and submit tender responses electronically.
For more information on submitting a tender offer:
- View the frequently asked questions (External link) section of the Tenders Vic website
- Read Tips for winning Department of Justice and Community Safety business
Procurement activities register
The Procurement Activity Register for 2017/18 is listed below. This register was last updated as of 4 October 2018.
The list is the department’s response to the VGPB’s procurement governance framework (External link) which stipulates that the department will publish a high-level summary plan of its forecast public procurement activities over the next 12 to 18 month period.
Please note that:
- tenders will not be released on this website. All tenders will be issued on the Victorian Government Tenders System (Tenders Vic website (External link)). Suppliers interested in participating in any of the public procurement activities should regularly monitor the Tenders Vic website (External link)
- the date listed in the procurement activity register documents when the department is planning to commence its preparations for the procurement activity. The actual tender’s release date may be some time after the date listed.
- all forecast procurements are subject to revision or cancellation. The procurement activity register is provided for information only and does not present a solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment by the department to purchase the described goods or services. There is no obligation to respond to or return any unsolicited bids received.
I want to...
- Submit to Tenders Vic (External link)
- Read tips for winning department business
- Read the Supplier Code of Conduct (External link)
- Provide feedback about a procurement or grant (External link)
- Make a formal procurement or grant complaint
- Submit an invoice to the department
- Find out about the Supplier Portal
- Learn about requirements for non-government organisations that provide services to children