Research at the Foundation will focus on the legal and related needs of Victorians, and over time, will make a significant contribution to the Victorian justice system.
Research at the Foundation will be guided by five principles:
- impact — we will undertake useful research to support improved civil legal services for Victorians
- rigour — we will use sound methodologies and rely on clear evidence for any conclusions
- collaboration — we will work in a collaborative way with the legal sector, civil society and others in the interests of access to justice for Victorians
- communication – we will make our reports publicly available and will engage with the sector on research activity
- independence – we will maintain our independence