Skip to main content Skip to home page

Case tracking

Court cases can by tracked by registering an email address and/or mobile phone number with the Electronic Filing Appearance System (EFAS).

Most criminal and civil cases can be tracked via EFAS, excluding: 

You must nominate if you are a party to the matter before you can start tracking.

To track a case, visit the EFAS website and:

  1. find the case – or person - you want to track by using the ‘browse court’ or ‘case search’ tab
  2. click on the case number you want to track. e.g. J10817824
  3. enter your details, in the ‘case tracking’ section, at the bottom of the case you have opened.
  4. click the ‘submit details’ button

When a matter is finalised, you will stop receiving updates. If you want to remove tracking from an active case, find and select the case in EFAS and select the ‘remove’ button. Enter the email address and/or mobile phone you don’t want to receive notifications on.   

If an has been charged by Victoria Police, or given their contact details to the court, they may automatically receive updates about their case. 

Last updated on 16 Jan 2019