You are known as the ‘Applicant’ when you make a Family Violence Intervention Order Application.

There a number of ways you can get an Intervention Order.

If Police come to your home, workplace or another setting in response to family violence, they should take out an Intervention Order on your behalf.

Police should also take out an intervention order on your behalf if you report family violence to them.

Police operate under a Code of Practice for Investigating Family Violence matters. This sets out what their response to family violence must be, and what action they must take. One of their responsibilities is to apply for an Intervention Order if they believe you or your children are, have been, or will be at risk of family violence.

There are a number of different orders police can apply for on your behalf. Please see the Types of Police Applications section of this site for details.

If you are uncomfortable talking to the Police, you can apply for an intervention order for your own protection. This site will provide you with the information about how you can do this.

This page was last updated: 
Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 11:55