This form provides an interface to a subset of the markup tools
that we use to build the hypertext links throughout the AustLII
databases. It allows you to use AustLII's markup scripts to process
your own HTML documents. See Licence
Conditions, below. See also Tips for some help
on getting UserMark working at its best.
It is provided for use subject to the following conditions:
- The markup tool may not be used as prepare any commercial product
without AustLII consent.
- Usage of the markup tool is free.
- Additional markup inserted by this process is Copyright © 2003
- The markup tool is made available in the hope that it will be
useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Tips and Tricks
- Markup is heurisitic in nature. Where very high levels of accuracy are
required, the markup should be manually checked following the automatic
- Links will only be added to materials which are currently available via
AustLII. Where databases are activated after the user has processed text,
it will be necessary to reprocess the material (Current materials for
which HTML links will be inserted include Cth, NSW and ACT legislation
and High Court CLR citations).
- Legislation references should include a year. Where the year is not
provided, the markup process will try and establish a year from the
surrounding context. Try and include at least one full reference to a
piece of legislation before abbreviating.
- If a default jurisdicition is specified, the markup tool will attempt to
process links for that jurisdiction first.
- Above all, experiment first ...